The winners of the “Security Oscars” this year:
- Best Server-Side Bug: Heartbleed
- Best Client-Side Bug: Google Chrome Arbitrary Memory Read-Write Vulnerability, Geohot
- Lamest Vendor Response: AVG (see: http://www.heise.de/security/meldung/Luecken-in-AVG-Remote-Administration-bleiben-offen-2188185.html)
- Most Epic Fail: GotoFail, Apple
- Most Epic 0wnage: Mark Karpeles, Mt.Gox
Hundreds of millions of dollars went missing and all blockchain analysis points to Mr. Karpelès either being the dumbest developer in the history of mankind or complicit in the theft of Mt. Gox user’s funds.
- Best Song: The SSL Smiley Song (http://abad1dea.tumblr.com/post/66054805317/the-ssl-smiley-song-sing-it-with) by 0xabad1dea