Torvalds labels GCC as “too stupid to live”

Ok, so I’m looking at the code generation and your compiler is pure and utter shit. Adding Jakub to the cc, because gcc-4.9.0 seems to be terminally broken.

Lookie here, your compiler does some absolutely insane things with the spilling, including spilling a constant. For chrissake, that compiler shouldn’t have been allowed to graduate from kindergarten. We’re talking “sloth that was dropped on the head as a baby” level retardation levels here.

Somebody needs to raise that as a gcc bug. Because it damn well is some seriously crazy shit. However, that constant spilling part just counts as “too stupid to live”.

Anyway, this is not a kernel bug. This is your compiler creating completely broken code. We may need to add a warning to make sure nobody compiles with gcc-4.9.0, and the Debian people should probably downgrate their shiny new compiler.